Amazing Outcome: A Grout Sealing Service in Jacksonville, FL, Completely Spruced-Up This Bathroom's Appearance
May 17, 2018
Tile is one of the most durable options for flooring, showers, and bathroom walls. It can, however, deteriorate over time due to a number of factors. As it ages, wear and tear takes a toll on its shine and beauty. The grout around the lines absorbs all sorts of liquids from the moist environment, causing dirt, grime, and soap scum to accumulate, giving the shower a dingy appearance. This can lead to more serious problems, such as mold and mildew growth and structural damage caused by water leakage. One of our clients, a homeowner from Florida, was concerned about the current condition of his shower. He was considering replacing the tiles. Fortunately, he soon found out that the best solution for his problem was to hire a professional grout sealing service in Jacksonville, FL
He was a single father and his schedule was very tight. He lacked the time to take care of all the chores around the house, and keeping the bathroom clean was a difficult task. This led to the shower having an unhealthy appearance. He was displeased with this situation and he thought the best thing to do was to replace the tiles and remodel the bathroom. Nonetheless, this would be no easy undertaking, it would be expensive and time-consuming, so the owner began weighing his options. He concluded that the optimal choice was to try and clean the tiles and grout using some DIY methods he had found online.
His son was only seven years old, so he couldn't help him with the cleaning routine. On the weekend, the owner brought home some baking soda, vinegar, and acidic cleaners and proceeded to take care of the bathroom by himself. Even after several hours of cleaning, he still didn't notice any significant changes. Frustrated with this outcome, he decided to look for other options. He went online and searched for the best grout sealing service in Jacksonville, FL and found Sir Grout of NE Florida in the top search results. Our before and after gallery caught his eye and he was impressed with the quality of our work. After reading all the positive testimonials from previous clients, he was convinced we had the solution for his problem. He promptly filled out a "Request a Quote" form and scheduled a free in-home consultation.
We arrived on the appointed date to begin the bathroom's evaluation and to offer the most effective solution for its restoration. After the introductions, we proceeded with the assessment. We noticed the grout lines on the floor were discolored, cracked, muddy, and moldy. The joints on the walls suffered from the same issues and the tiles were dingy and dim. This was caused by the lack of proper maintenance and the usage of improper cleaning products. Also, the absence of sealant allowed water, dirt, grime, and soap scum to seep deep into the grout, causing mold and mildew to grow. The bathroom required professional care to be restored.
We offered a grout sealing service to clean and restore the grout lines using our proprietary products and advanced techniques. We would use our top notch sealant, ColorSeal, a one of a kind product that would protect the grout against water, stains, mold, and mildew. We would also replace the broken grout with our Epoxy Grout, a high quality product that won't crack or peel. To finish, we would buff the tiles using TileArmor, a non-toxic solution that grants an extra layer of protection to the tiles and ensures long lasting results. After hearing we could solve his problem, the owner immediately agreed to set up a date for the service.
A few days later, we returned to our client's house to begin the bathroom's restoration. The process was a thorough job that required several painstaking steps:
- Cleaning the walls and floor using a high-speed scrubber in conjunction with our proprietary grout and tile cleaner. Our pH-neutral products are safe for the grout, and we make sure to remove all dirt, grime, and soap scum from the grout lines.
- Using a high temperature cleaner, we removed all the mold and mildew from the difficult to reach areas of the bathroom.
- Replacing the damaged grout with our proprietary Epoxy Grout. This resilient product that is designed to withstand the moist environment of the shower and to facilitate better, easier cleaning routines.
- Using our top of the line ColorSeal to seal all the grout lines and protect them from future damage. This not only offers complete protection against all external agents, it gives the grout a brand-new look and the color used can be chosen by the owner.
- Buffing the tiles with our water based and non-toxic TileArmor. This would shield the surface for years to come.
After all the work was done, the bathroom had a renovated appearance. The grout lines looked pristine and gave the floor a spotless look. The tiles were shiny and had a lustrous charm. The walls and floor joints had been equally restored and looked perfectly clean. Our high quality products and techniques saved our client thousands in tile replacement and repairs.
We invited the owner to see the results of our work. He was fascinated with the new look of the shower. He couldn't believe that level of restoration could be achieved without remodeling his bathroom. Our performance exceeded his expectations and he was very happy he didn't have to undergo costly and time-consuming repairs. After thanking us, he stated he would recommend our services to all his friends, family, and neighbors.
As we always do before we leave our clients' homes, we gave him some recommendations and suggestions on how to preserve the top condition of his bathroom and perform easy and proper maintenance moving forward.
- Giving the bathroom proper ventilation. It is important to keep the environment well ventilated and dry to prevent mold and mildew growth. Use a towel a terry cloth to dry surfaces. Avoid using steel wools or other abrasive tools which are harmful to the tiles.
- Cleaning the bathroom using pH-neutral cleaners. Soap-free cleaners leave no sticky residue and are safe for the grout. Soap-based and acidic cleaners, on the other hand, are not safe, can break the grout, and leave a film that promotes fungi growth.
- Cleaning the bathroom properly. Always use a clean mop and don't rinse it in the cleaning solution. Also, excessive scrubbing is not necessary after our ColorSeal has been applied. Our sealant makes it easier to clean and prevents scratches.
Our experienced procedures, our high level, top quality products, and these easy to follow steps, are guaranteed to keep the restored condition of the shower for a long time.
If you are looking for professional and experienced assistance to restore your shower, our grout sealing and cleaning services are the best you'll find. Sir Grout of NE Florida provides high-quality, long term results that will put your mind at ease. As a leading company in the hard surface restoration industry, we offer the most advanced techniques to help you with your problem. Don't hesitate to contact us by calling (904) 420-4141
or by filling out our "Request a Quote" form for a free in-home consultation. We will be glad to attend you. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter
to receive our latest info and promotions.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout of NE Florida
, Instagram @sirgrout
, and Twitter @SirGrout
Categories: Grout, Cleaning, Sealing, Grout Repair, Color Enhancement, Mold Removal, Residential, Floors, Walls, Showers, Bathrooms